Mojo Cookin' Monday












Mondays are busy days around here, but my goal is to always make time to do the Mojo Monday sketch. And this week is a special one because it's a contest! It's sketch #107 and since I needed a baby card for a friend, I decided that was going to be my theme. All products are Close To My Heart with the help of my Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing plate and my EKSuccess scallop and dot punch, plus my good old QuicKutz scalloped circle. I pierced those holes by hand on that one. Those cute little pearls are from CTMH's Connections Club. They come with adhesive backing and they really dress up cards and layouts nicely.



Like I said, Mondays are busy and they truly are. I have taken on the role of personal chef/nutritionist to my in-laws since we moved them down to Florida three years ago. My father-in-law has kidney issues, so that means watching his diet, and my mother-in-law has no teeth, so that means soft and squishy foods. (Not that bad. That woman can eat a steak with NO trouble.) Needless to say, it still presents some challenges in meal planning. But by now I've got it down to a science. I spend the better part of each Monday cooking all their meals for the week, labeling them and delivering them with instructions for the 'fridge door. The kitchen is a disaster area by the time I'm finished, but man, it sure smells good in here! I whip up the dishes, wash the place down, and then collapse for a brief few minutes before I pack the car.

All this, and check out what the queen is doing while I'm toiling away. That's our Suki. Our 7-month-old Sheltie puppy. Apparently she is most comfortable with a large pillow for that sweet face of hers.

Comments

  1. Oh, this is just so soft and beautiful. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along wiht Mojo Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, cute baby card and of course I love Suki, she is soooo cute. See you Sunday DiAnn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com