Wreath Making


My heavily-loaded schedule has finally ended and I am truly relishing the simple pleasures of every day. Friday was "New Moon" with Jamie. What fun! She loved the movie and I enjoyed taking time in the middle of a week day to be with her doing ANYthing. Saturday we had the best time with my gal pal Lisa Russell and her daughter Alivia at an arts & crafts fair in Titusville. Lots of laughs and a beautiful Florida day for an outdoor venue. I have practically been stalking this jewelry artisan, Michele Nesworthy. She does some amazing things with vintage watch pieces, metals, and findings such as vintage thimbles, spoons, and more. When you get an opportunity, check her out at MoonFairyGlass.com. In the evening it was such a pleasure to put on my jammies and simply watch TV all night with my family. It's been more than a month since I've been able to do that. Each night after working all day, I usually would eat dinner, then head back to my studio to work some more until everyone went to bed, finally getting myself to sleep around 11:00/11:30 which is a REALLY late night for me. It's been a very tiring month, but a lot of fun and filled with creativity.

At the craft fair we saw some beautiful wreathes and, while I was tempted to purchase one, my pal Lisa urged me not to, convincing me that I could make my own. So we stopped at Michael's on the way home and she helped me pick out little pretty things for a wreath. Jamie got excited about the idea and wanted to make her own wreath too, so she picked out a few things to match her bedroom. We came home, put on the Christmas music and got to the wreath making. What a simple and enjoyable project to do together! And I can't even tell you the last time I pulled out the hot-glue gun. I forgot how much I love that sucker. While the wreathes, I think, turned out pretty nice, I loved even more the time Jamie and I spent together making them. With a creative craft in progress, we talked easily about things, making jokes and acting silly. It was the greatest. These are the times that I am so thankful for a daughter. I am a very lucky mom to have such a pleasure of a child and little friend. I will try very hard to remember these times when she is being the devil tomorrow. (I wrote that because she just walked in and was reading over my shoulder.) Okay, she's gone... she's the best!


Comments

  1. I would give anything to have those times back with my daughter. Enjoy them now, because they will not last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I will be stalking her too! I love glass and jewelry and to put them together heaven. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy your time off in December and look forward to a fun new year. Hope to see you at the Christmas party. DiAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how great the wreathes turned out!! Yep, a very FUN day!! xoxo, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com