Chipboard Home Decor

Inspired once again by Wendy Vecchi, I wanted to try my hand at a wall-hanging using some of her ideas I picked up at Stamp Fest a few weeks back.



All products used are from Close To My Heart. Item numbers are listed at the end of this post. I began with two pages from the My Creations All Sorts Mini Album. Each page has a different endging, so it's fun to make several of these with a slightly different look. Since there are six pages in this album, you can make three!



With a sponge dauber and some Autumn Terracotta ink, I sponged the outer portion very heavily, then followed over that with Vineyard Berry, working out to the edges darkest.



Then I sponged Twilight on the next chipboard page, following up with Cocoa for a nice dark outer edge.

After letting the ink absorb and dry really well, I stamped with Black ink the definition of the word Happiness from the stamp set State of Mind. This has been done randomly as sort of a background treatment.


From our Fresh Shapes Dimensional Elements, I used the square chipboard frame and stamped it with the lattice stamp from the Bon Appetit stamp set using Cocoa ink. I also inked the front lightly with Desert Sand with a sponge dauber, and the outer edges with a heavier hand, incorporating just a touch of Autumn Terracotta ink.

I cut a piece of B&T (background & texture paper) a little larger than the opening of the frame window and adhered it to the back of the frame. This B&T is from the Simple Pleasures paper pack, my all-time favorite CTMH paper.



On a piece of Colonial White cardstock, I stamped these images from Bon Appetit. Two sets of grapes and two sets of leaves plus one more small leaf not shown here but shows up in the photo. Then I cut them all out carefully. You'll notice that one set of the leaves has been cut apart. This allowed me to fill in leaves to the cluster, as you'll see in the finished piece.

The grapes in this stamp set are a duet-style stamp, meaning that the grapes themselves are one stamp in the set, then the shadows on the grapes are another. I stamped the grapes with Vineyard Berry ink and the shadow with Cocoa. This is the great thing about working with clear stamps since you have to be able to see through the stamp to accomplish this step.

For the leaves, I stamped using Olive ink and added some Cocoa with a sponge dauber in certain areas like the stem and some tips of leaves.



I cut another piece of B&T paper just a little smaller than the page size, rounding off the bottom two corners, then stamping a leaf border with Twilight ink. I inked the edges of the paper with Cocoa.


For some finishing touches, I used Cocoa ribbon and Antique Copper brads and photo corner embellishments. The word Happiness is also from the State of Mind stamp set and was stamped with Cocoa ink.

To assemble this wall-hanging, I staggered the pages a bit so you can see the one behind the other. I adhered them with Liquid Glass. The stamped images have been popped up using Foam Tape here and there.

I will add some magnets to the back of this and hang it in my kitchen, but another variation you could try is to punch out only two of the holes in the top and weave one long ribbon to serve as a hanger for a decorative hook.


• D1416 State of Mind stamp set
• D1367 Bon Appetit stamp set
• Z1224 All Sorts Mini Album
• Z1019 Fresh Shapes Dimensional Elements (chipboard)
• Z1275 Antique Copper Mini Medley accents
• X7070B Simple Pleasures Level 2 paper pack
• Z1316 Cocoa Ribbon Collection
• Z725 Sponge Daubers
• Z2101 Autumn Terracotta stamp pad
• Z2157 Vineyard Berry stamp pad
• Z2114 Cocoa stamp pad
• Z2105 Black stamp pad
• Z2118 Desert Sand stamp pad
• Z2160 Twilight stamp pad

Comments

  1. Love it. This is beautiful. Can't wait to try to imitate. You know, that say is the best form of flattery. I hope you feel the love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Love how you stamped the definition as background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com