Coffee Card - Tim Holtz inspired


Anyone who knows me knows how I do love my coffee. Before you start envisioning a jittery coffee junky who sucks down java all day long, let me correct you. It's far simpler than that for me: one daily 16-ounce cup of my old reliable Americano. (two shots of espresso plus steaming hot water and a little touch of cream) It's the best darn thing in the morning in my opinion. Well, except for a big morning hug from my kiddo. (You can see other coffee posts of mine in Sept. & Dec. 2009 and Feb. & March 2010)

Meanwhile, this is my latest of coffee-inspired (and Tim Holtz inspired) card. My goal is to create all things coffee and set up an Etsy shop. This may happen sooner than later, so watch for details.


The Tim Holtz inspiration of this card lies in the overall collagey-grungeness, as well as the actual product.


For example, this Texture Fade emboss called "Patchwork". The raised surfaces have been inked with Cocoa ink and a sponge dauber. The messier the better.



And this awesome filmstrip stamp from Tim's line of Stampers Anonymous stamps that matches up absolutely perfectly with his filmstrip ribbon which is clear with this great burnt orange worn look in the little corners of the strip. See that? I just stamped the filmstrip image, then laid this filmstrip tape over the top and attached with some staples.


The front Lions Coffee stamp and the coffee cup are from StampFrancisco, a great site of all kinds of cool vintage-style products. And the inside of the card (cup ring and splatters) as well as the phrase on the front are from Inkadinkado.

All other products and papers are from Close To My Heart, of course!

Now back to my coffee.... there's still a teeny bit in the bottom of my cup.

Comments