12 Tags of Christmas - #12


Although Tim Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas officially ends today, the 12th day of December, my tags will continue because I started on Tag 7 to keep time with Tim. Starting tomorrow, I will begin with Tag #1 and work my way up to #6. So please stay tuned!

We finally got our Christmas tree tonight, daughter is waiting to start decorating, so let's get right to the tag.

Here is Tim's tag #12 . . .


You've GOT to go to Tim's blog today to see two fantastic videos on his movers & shapers dies. I learned some things I had no idea of before. He is absolutely amazing and such a pleasure to watch.


And here is mine . . .


As much as I wanted to drive all the way to Orlando to get Tim's alterations dies of his ornament and JOY mover & shaper, I resisted. I promised myself I wouldn't do that. So instead, I grabbed a Close To My Heart chipboard ornament and traced it onto my inked grungeboard.



A Sharpie pen worked well on this inked and crackled grungeboard.



As I was cutting it out with my Tonic scissors, I remembered the snowflake from the Winter Wonder alterations die (the snowman one), so I punched out the snowflake from the middle of the ornament. Cool!



After adding the wire ornament hanger and the ribbon, I thought it was lacking something so I dug out these tiny bells in my stash. (I've learned to collect any tiny Christmas embellishments as I find them during the year just for the 12 tags of Christmas!)



Tim used some wonderful little pinecones and some greenery on his tag, but unfortunately I didn't have either so I opted for this tiny sled and used my Martha Stewart punch for the fir branches. I love that little sled!

Here's another look at my tag. Be sure to go to Tim's blog because he takes you through all the steps and techniques and also shares a clever gift card holder idea at the end with his gingerbread man alterations die. It's super cute!


Thanks for looking. See you tomorrow for Tag #1.




Comments

  1. Very cute, Annette! Love the sled! I have one of those too, still in the package. Will probably have to distress it a bit but it will work nicely for my tag, er banner pennant! Thanks for sharing your creativity as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I was wondering how you were going to make that ornament! I love reading your blog every day to see what you've done! Can hardly wait to see the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you through Tim's tags - I LOVE the banner idea! I have been working on a banner and I may have to use that! I'm so in love the paper stash anyway and all it's lovely vintageness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again you blow me away with your talent!!! love how you used CTMH ornament chipboard!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com