Frightful Food


Along with many of you bloggers out there, I absolutely LOVE Halloween. I can't wait for my friend Patty's Halloween party tonight and to share my costume with you tomorrow. I also love to cook and bake and especially to make decorative foods like cookies and cakes. With all my clubs and classes, I have a great opportunity to make fun treats to share.




I saw this idea in my recent issue of Cooking Light magazine. I love that these cookies start with a gingerbread man cookie cutter. So easy! They are actually chocolate cookies, but I have to admit I didn't use the recipe from Cooking Light. I have a favorite Martha Stewart recipe I like to use.



Last night my Cherish Club got to enjoy these little take-out treat boxes I made from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and Close To My Heart's Mischief paper. I added Tim Holtz's spider from his Candlelight Fright Alternations die.




But what's inside, you ask?




A bit of a tricky treat. These are white chocolate skeleton skulls made from a Martha Stewart candy mold. 




How delicious do these look? Witches fingers made from Pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough. I shaped them all knobby-like, then brushed them with an egg-wash and added a blanched almond with some red food coloring gel. I sprinkled a bit of rosemary and salt over them and then popped them in the oven. Yum!




I had plenty of chocolate cookie dough and royal icing made up so I made these fun ghosts. 




Pretty easy to do and fun to eat.


Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you have some wicked fun this weekend!




Comments

  1. Your yummy treats look wickedly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, would you like to come to my Hallowe'en party?! I know it might be a bit of a flight...but you could make it here in time for Monday!
    Great food pics....those fingers are so yummy gross looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy do you look like you had some fun and all those yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com