"Roxie" - The Flavor of the Month

This month is all about Close To My Heart's new Roxie paper line and coordinating embellishments.




First up are the projects for my upcoming Cards & More Club. This club meets monthly to make two cards and one altered project while learning new techniques and how to use new products. The Roxie papers are great for more feminine projects since the color scheme is mostly pink and black. Be sure to check out all the prints in this pack here.




This great stamp set is called "Love Life." I added some Bitty Sparkles and Flutter Paper Shapes (butterflies) along with some ribbon and a large button. Liquid Glass was poured over the entire surface of each butterfly and set to dry. I propped up the wings a bit while the Liquid Glass dried so they stayed in this position.




I hope this stamp set comes back as a regular item. It's one of our Stamps of the Month from last season called "Find Your Style" and it's one of my all-time favorites. It includes a dressform, a bird, a high-heel shoe and this butterfly along with phrases and words. Here I stamped the butterfly onto acetate using Black Staz-on ink then layered it over Smoothie cardstock. The four squares behind it are chipboard covered in paper and butted together. I got this inspiration from a card I saw in PaperCrafts magazine a few months back.




This red circular tin came from my local dollar store. Luckily it was plain with no holiday prints on it. This worked out perfectly with the colors in the Roxie papers. I made the paper flowers using Smoothie cardstock and the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. Each flower is a little different in size and then spritzed with a Spray Pen filled with a mixture of water and Smoothie re-inker plus a little bit of Pearl Paint added for shimmer. The background piece is one large circle cut from Vanilla Cream cardstock on the Cricut, then sprayed with the same spritz. The butterfly is Silver metallic cardstock punched with a Martha Stewart punch.



Next up are the four scrapbook pages for my Cherish Club which also meets monthly to focus on scrapbook pages, techniques and products. Along with the Roxie papers we will be using the new Rhinestone Designer Brads, Red Collection of Designer Ribbon and Irresistibles Eclectic Alphabet chipboard. I'll be adding a title to the second layout once I know what I'll use the pages for.




The two black butterflies come from the Art Philosophy cartridge as well. I love how clean this cut turned out.



These chipboard letters start off white and since they have a unique resist pattern on each, you can rub color over them and get this great look. Here I used Smoothie and Black.




I love using the new "zip strips" off the top of our papers as an added embellishment to the page. (See the scalloped border with the little sparkles?) The stamp for this journaling tag was last month's Stamp of the Month "Limited Edition." Another great set that has a coordinating Cricut cut-out on the Art Philosophy cartridge.



What an easy flower to make using our pleated & stitched ribbon from the Red Collection. I just glued it to itself in a circle and popped in the large Rhinestone Designer Brad.



And finally is my super easy Kit of the Month. Four more scrapbook pages for those who don't have a lot of time. I utilized some of the papers from the Roxie kit plus the Roxie stickers for these pages. Easy to follow cutting guides, photos and tips are included in each kit every month.


Well, I think I've maxed out my Roxie stash of papers. What fun they are to create with. Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!



Comments

  1. Love your projects, especially partial to the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so beautifull. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always...especially love the tin.....ideas in the formation process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all! You always add such special, unique little details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com