Catching up on Twelve Tags of 2012

I had a few quiet hours to myself over the weekend to finally get rolling on my Twelve Tags of 2012 inspired by Tim Holtz. In my monthly All Things Tim group we will be making the first three tags. Each quarter, the group will make three tags so that by the end of the year we have them all complete. We have yet to see a January tag from Tim, but the guy's a little busy right now with his fabulous online Creative Chemistry 101 class, so I think we can cut him a break for now.



Going slightly out of order, here is my March tag inspired by Tim's...

I added a third butterfly since I had the "Easter Elements" Alterations Die by Sizzix. The largest butterfly is from that die. The two smaller ones are from the "Mini Butterflies" Movers & Shapers die set.




What a fun mosaic technique Tim shares with us on his blog. These little bits of paper really look like dimension, glossy tiles. I can see using this technique on a lot of things!



Going back to February, here is my tag inspired by Tim's...

I added a Bingo marker with the number 20 since Paul and I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in May. I just love the Valentine's Texture Fade in the background. Such a cool and easy background technique.





I didn't have the honeycomb paper Tim used to make a red dimensional heart, so I borrowed this layered tissue flower idea I got from my friend Charmin. It's 15 layers of red tissue paper cut with a Spellbinders scallop circle die all at one time through the Vagabond. I put a brad through the center of the stacked layers and starting with the first layer, pulled it up, crumpled it tightly to the center and then continued on with all the layers. At the end, it just takes a bit of adjusting and fluffing and it's a nice carnation-style flower. Easy!




To my delight, Tim created a fun Easter tag this past Saturday and posted it on his blog. Be sure to check out his fuzzy bunny post. Here is my tag inspired by Tim's...

Tim's tag has a very multi-pastel vintage Easter feel which I love. I decided on a different look for mine using Tim's Kraft Kore card stock in shades of pink and burgundy. I was thrilled to have just purchased the "Spring Backgrounds & Borders" Texture Fades on Thursday. I absolutely LOVE the pretty flourish background!




I also liked these butterflies in the Texture Fade set. Since I have the "Easter Elements" Alterations Die as well as the "Mini Bunny & Bow" Movers and Shapers set, I decided to put two fuzzy bunnies on my tag. I love how felt is super easy to cut on the Vagabond with Tim's Sizzix dies. Like buttah!


Thanks for stopping by today. I'm loving going to your blogs and seeing what you're creating too. I'm so happy and grateful to be getting so many wonderful comments. Can't wait for tomorrow's online class: 
Day 6 of Creative Chemistry 101!

 If only my Distress Markers would magically arrive in time...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com