Day 10 of Creative Chemistry 101

A bittersweet day. It's the final day of Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 online course, and I am both sad to see it come to an end and so very happy to have participated these past two weeks. I learned so many tips and techniques and thoroughly enjoyed the personalized approach of an online class. You really feel like Tim's talking just to you, showing you around his home, his studio,... heck, we even got a glimpse of Mario today! I look forward to more online offerings from Tim, so I do hope he continues this.

For our final day of the class, we got a thorough education on Dimensional Mediums. Things like Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Sealers and more. Among several techniques using Stickles was the main focus of today's video which was a Rock Candy Distress Stickles technique. This basic technique of rubbing Rock Candy Stickles evenly over an entire surface is so easy, but provides wonderful results. A lovely glimmer across the tag. I love how this looks on Tim's damask stamp and I had something similar so gave it a try.


"Rock Candy Distress Stickles" technique

This lovely Stampin' Up stamp was given to me by my friend Lisa Cerrato who used to be a consultant. I have good friends, don't I? Thank you Lisa! I had put it away and forgotten about it until today and WOW, this will be one of my favorites for backgrounds from now on. I love it! (I don't even know what it's called because I don't have the box.)



I tried to get an angle where you can see the shimmering Stickle layer but this photo still doesn't do it justice. It's so pretty, take my word for it. This was our only tag and technique today, but it was certainly a good one. 



Now, I mentioned in the beginning that I was keeping a notebook and would share it with you when the class was done. So here is what I ended up doing...

You may have to click on this photo to get a better view. This is a basic 1-inch binder from the office supply store with a clear window on the front and the spine. I sort of know my way around PhotoShop a little, so I took all my photos of my tags and ganged them up on a 8.5 x 11 canvas, dropping away the background and adding a soft shadow behind each tag. Then I grabbed Tim's logo and plunked it in the middle with a shadow. The final tag we did today was the odd man out, so it's the one hanging over the logo on the right, again with a soft shadow.




Here's the spine. I just grabbed a section of what I did above, making the logo smaller and turning it sideways. I love how it turned out and how it looks on my shelf.




The inside has a double pocket. For the photo I put the tags in the bottom pocket so you could see them, but for storing I will move them to the top pocket so they don't slide around too much.




I really love that I can quickly grab my tags and flip them over to check the technique labels Tim provided us. I know that I will be using many of the new techniques I learned. In fact, I think I'll go grab my water brush and make something watercolory and pretty!


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a fantastic weekend!





Comments

  1. annette, what an amazing online class to take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, It was an amazing class! I LOVE your notebook, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet (lol--word of the day)!! Very nice job on the binder--I might have to give that a try. Nice to have 'met' you in class and thanks for the lovely comments. Best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous job on organizing and viewing your tags from class. Well done and they look super too. BIG GRIN

    PS I really don't like your word verification. Why not use Blog Owner approval instead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this wonderful way to store this wonderful class that I too am so thankful I was lucky enough to be a part of. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com