Day 3 in Creative Chemistry 101

Since this is going to go on for the next week and a half, I'll try to always keep it brief. It's Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 online course and it's not too late for you to sign up! Just go to this link and follow the steps for registration. Once you're registered, you have access to the classes, videos and PDFs forever!

Today the focus was on the various uses for archival inks as well as a very cool technique with alcohol inks. Tim has a great depth of knowledge of the properties of the products he uses and shares it with us generously. What fun to learn that archival inks can actually create a resist. I never knew!


Here are the tags I made today based on the techniques we learned...





and here are the techniques with close-ups of each...

"Alcohol Ink Agates Technique"




"Archival Resist Technique"

(I was amazed how cool this turned out. I had no idea archival ink could serve as a resist!)




"Reflections Stamping Technique"



I am such a geeky student. (Just like when I was in school.) I went out today and got a new three-ring binder for my class notes. Gotta keep things nice and organized, ya know?  I'm going to decorate the front and "Tim it up" so I can put it on my shelf for quick reference. I'll be sure to share it with you when it's done.


Thanks for stopping by today. If you're in the class too, be sure to give me a shout-out here.




Comments

  1. Beautiful tags!! I'm loving the class so far. I put my print outs in a binder too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning! I love the agate colors in the background of #1. #2 is really cool, Love how your stamp is so crisp. & Oh, My I'm in love with your #3 tag...the colors are so warm & summery ;)TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am LOVING the class and although so far the techniques have been ones I have seen before the chemistry part has set a light bulb off in my head which I soooo understand! I have sat and played tonight and am loving your tags you have some stunning stamps! thanks for sharing x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tags! Love seeing everyone's renditions! I think I am putting all my pdfs and samples from the classes in a binder also! Maybe I will organize ALL my ideas this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags turned out so great! I have to wait for my inks to show up to do today's lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work Annette! All three are gorgeous. So many of the students in our class own the same stamps Tim is using, I don't have any of his stamps, but I'm enjoying trying to find things in my stash that will give similar results. Excellent course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags. I am really enjoying the class lessons. I wasn't aware of the resist properties of the Ranger Archival inks until today...major light bulb moment. I guess I am a geek too...I started a binder for the class the very first day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :::raising my hand::: I'm in the back of the class with the other rabble-rousers with wads of spit balls at the ready!

    Love your Archival Resist. It was my favorite of mine from the three yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also in class. Just love YOUR renditions. He's so interesting, fast-talking, yes, but sooo enthusiastic don't you think? Hard not to get caught up. He loves what he does. Evident in all he says and does. I also, have had some ah-ha moments. I'm pretty new, so grateful that I have the opportunity to learn the skills from the get go. AnnaPearl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com