Day 5 in Creative Chemistry 101

I'm a tad bit sad that classes will stop for the weekend in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 online course. It has become a part of my daily routine which I look forward to so much.

Today is Day 5 and although we'll take a break for the weekend, we fortunately have another whole week of learning and fun next week! Today's focus in class was on Distress Stains. First we got an education on the difference between spray inks, Distress Stains, and Color Wash sprays. These little tidbits that Tim shares before the class techniques are extremely helpful. It gives us a real understanding of how the products work, their effects, how they differ and how they compare.


So here are my technique tags for today...





Here are some close-ups and the name of each technique...

"Stained Kraft Resist Technique"




"Stamping with Stains Technique"

(I learned you really gotta move fast with that craft heater after stamping with Picket Fence Distress Stain)





"Marbled Stains Technique"

My favorite of the day. Such a cool technique! 

And you can imagine my delight while making this tag, just about to stamp it when the mailman delivered a few Tim Holtz goodies including this Mixed Media stamp set. I've been looking forward to this one and know it will become a favorite set for a lot of projects. Even though I think this one is supposed to be chicken wire, I thought it mimicked honeycomb. Perfect for my bee!


Thanks again for stopping in. I'm having an absolute blast in Tim's class. It's not too late for you to jump in, so just go to this link and get registered. You have all weekend to catch up, or you can just move at your own pace and do it anytime you like.


I see I'm getting close to a Follower milestone, so keep watch on my blog and once I hit 400 followers, I'll do a big giveaway! Watch for the post, leave a comment that day, and your name will be put into the drawing. 


Have a fabulous weekend!


Comments

  1. Awesome tags! I love them all..I think my favorite is the bee with the great background. It really does look like honeycomb..Great idea!! See you in class on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tags! I love them all..I think my favorite is the bee with the great background. It really does look like honeycomb..Great idea!! See you in class on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bee tag too! The chicken wire stamp has become my new "go to" stamp as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love them Annette! I too am loving the class and am so excited again by my distress products - how will we cope when the class ends???

    ReplyDelete
  5. classy classy tags, yep I will miss this, I think I will do reviews of the last 5 days. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have been umming and arrring about doing this and seeing everyones work it looks like great fun your tags are fab !

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out great! I have two days worth to catch up on tomorrow I hope. Work in the morning and then to my studio and then to my daughter's to help her with a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving exploring the gallery after I've created my tags... SO much inspiration!

    I can't seem to get Google connect to work for me (keeps erroring), but i've had your blog on my bookmarks for quite some time now, and check in frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a beautiful tags! Love all the stamping you did to finish them off so stunningly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That "Mixed Media" is one of my FAVs and I certainly agree that is will be well used, so I'm thrilled you got it! Looks FAB. Your 1st tag is stunning! I don't know how you managed that background (I was limited to 3 stains)but I love love love the way it came out.
    HUGS & TFS all the work with us. It means a lot to have a fellow CTMH Sister within the classes to reference back and see what you do with the class techniques.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been followings tims videos and i must say these look fabulous. Some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com