Day 7 and some winners!

Today is Day 7 in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 101 online class, and it was all about embossing powders. Tim gave us a great overview of embossing powder techniques, differences, and the various effects with different types of inks. I have to be honest, this was the first class where I actually had to start over on TWO of the three tags. One went into the trash completely, the other is salvageable. So this shows that I am indeed learning new things and that sometimes it takes a little practice to get things right. When all was said and done, I really loved the results.


Here are the three tags I made today using Tim's techniques...




And there are each of the tags with their techniques...

"Nostalgic Batik" Technique

This was something I had never tried and found it to be very cool! 
I only wish you could see that bird up close. Such a neat effect.




"Rusted Enamel" Technique

This definitely is one of my favorite techniques because of the results you get. Just like a rusty piece of metal, all pitted and variegated. 




"Distress Powder Resist" Technique


I have always wondered about Distress Embossing Powder. I recently bought up a bunch of it because 
I got a good deal, but hadn't really used any of it yet. It's so unique in that it doesn't get shiny when heated. It stays rough and grungy. A very nice effect. Very Tim indeed.


Well, if you've been following me lately you know that I'm celebrating over 400 Followers here on my blog and that put me in the mood to give away some goodies. One box FULL of goodies! 
And a coffee-quiz winner gets a little surprise too.

So without further ado, by random drawing the winner of the goodie box is...

Karen Geckler!
Anonymous 
Karen Geckler said...
Wow!! that fruit looks almost good enough to eat!! very real life coloriing! Love it!

And the first correct guess of my favorite Starbucks drink (VHCAWLC) is...


Melinda Abrahamson!

Melinda Abrahamson said...

You have done a terrific job on the Tim techniques...

I love guessing Starbucks drinks... Venti Half Caf Americano with lite cream?
Okay winners, you need to e-mail me now with your mailing address to this e-mail:
AnnetteGreen@me.com

Congrats! I can't wait to send off your goodies!!





Comments

  1. Love your tags, especially the first one - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING! I love your Tags Annette & I don't know what you used for the stamps but Wow...these are just incredible. I would love to know what you used for the enamel effect it is very nostalgic. I love taking this class with you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular Day 7 tags! I think that bird is just so cool on the red background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the results you got on today's tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow love the rusted enamel tag great job on that one can't wait to give that technique a try its so up my ally! love looking at your tags from class thanks Kay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com