Day 8 of Creative Chemistry 101

Day 8 of Tim Holtz's online class Creative Chemistry 101 was a focus on paints. Tim discussed various types of paints and their properties and shared some fun techniques with Crackle Paint as well.


Here are the three tags I made today inspired by Tim's techniques...





And here are each of the tags with their techniques...

"Paint Dabber Resist" Technique

I used silver and gold paint dabbers on sticky back canvas. Rubbing the Distress Stains over the top scared me at first, but when sopped up with a towel and heat set, it ended up looking pretty cool!




"Crackle Paint Resist" Technique

Today's favorite for me. I have always put a even coat of Crackle Paint over an entire piece of something. Never had it dawned on me to just spread it more randomly, thicker and thinner in places and not cover the whole tag. I really liked the effect this gave mixed with Distress Stains and stamping.




"Shattered Stains" Technique

This technique of coating a grungeboard cut-out with a generous amount of Clear Rocky Candy Distress Crackle Paint took quite a while to dry, and I got a little impatient and heated the second butterfly to speed things up, and just like Tim warned us, I got some very large trailing cracks. But it doesn't look terrible.



Here's a close-up of the first butterfly which I allowed to dry on its own (mostly) without heating it. Those Distress Stains ooze right down into those cracks giving it the coolest effect!


Thanks for stopping in today. Now I'm off to view the Gallery in Tim's class to see all the other great creations with Day 8's techniques. See you tomorrow!




Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com