Day 9 of Creative Chemistry

Day 9 of Creative Chemistry 101, Tim Holtz's online class, was a day of pearls. Perfect Pearls to be exact. Professor Tim discussed Perfect Pearl Mists, making our own mists, and different ways to use the Perfect Pearls mica powders. This class was very helpful to me, since all I ever thought you could do with Perfect Pearls is mist them over something. HA!



Here are my three tags from the techniques we learned today...




And here are each of them with the technique name...

"Perfect Distress Mist" Technique

Right off the top, this is something new to me. I had no idea you could add Perfect Pearl powders to re-inkers and water in a mini mister and get such great results. I mixed Turquoise and Vintage Photo, Heirloom Gold with Forest Moss, and Perfect Bronze with Rusty Hinge. Amazing results! I wish you could see the real thing.



"Perfect Distress" Technique

Again, something new for me. You can brush Perfect Pearls powder over a Distress Ink stamped image and it sticks! Then when you spritz it with water, the colors sort of leech out and spread. So Cool!




"Perfect Splatter Distress" Technique

Much like Perfect Distress, this one takes it one more step by adding Perfect Pearls powder to the craft sheet in tiny piles and splotches. I had some fun with this one since there was so much left on the craft sheet. I made several more tags!




Here's a close-up view of the last one. So hard to show just how great this turns out.


As always, thanks for stopping by today. You know it's never too late to sign up for Tim's Creative Chemistry 101 course. Just go here to sign up. It's very convenient because you can do it at your own pace and once you register you have access to the program for life! 


Have a great day!




Comments

  1. Annette,
    You did FABULOUS on these tags! It is very very kewl how we can utilize the different pp to dust over the Distress Ink image. Just amazing...TFS
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect distress is so delicate. Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your tags Annette. And your watercolouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tags--I finally got a chance to comment on your blog after all the nice things you've said on mine! Can't believe tomorrow is the last day!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tags are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com