Grungy Monday #37 - Tim Holtz Wearable Art

Sliding in at the last moment, I am finally posting my creation for the Grungy Monday Challenge. Check out Studio L3 for more info about Grungy Monday, and then check out all the creations from artists all over the globe there as well. It's a great way to get inspiration and learn something new at the same time.

Grungy Monday Challenges are hosted by the lovely Linda Ledbetter at Studio L3. She presents us with a challenge using Tim Holtz products and/or techniques. This week's is Tim Holtz Wearable Art. This can include jewelry, clothing, buttons, badges, you name it.

My "All Things Tim" group meets monthly and since there are so many of us, we wear custom-made name tags. Tim inspired, of course. First I want to share mine, which is my submission for the Grungy Monday Challenge, and then I'll share some of the group's creations as well.


Each of us were to personalize our name tags, and since I am the "teacher" I put a crown on the top of mine. Everyone who knows me, knows I love my precious coffee, and although I'm not always a lady, I do consider myself quite feminine. So there you go.



Now in no particular order, here are some of the group's creations. 

(Cheryl)






































Aren't they great?



Today in our class, we created this fun patchwork which required lots of time, energy and hot glue. They were troopers through it all, even as class time got extended, pizza had to be ordered, and supplies had to go home to be finished up later. While in class I passed by Cheryl's table and saw this, and just had to share it with you...


Now that's one well-used hot glue gun.



Thanks for stopping by today, and many thanks for your support for my Graphic 45 Design Team Audition I posted the other day. Unfortunately, I did not make the cut this year but I was pleased with my projects and will continue to be a Graphic 45 fan. If you'd like to see the talented 30 finalists' creations, hop over to the Graphic 45 blog and check them out. I know that's what I'll be doing this weekend. (with a big cup of coffee in hand.)


Comments

  1. WOW Annette, that is some wonderfully creative name tag! I just love the coffee cup...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is gorgeous (love the crown) and so are all the others - what a fun group to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't make the cut for Graphic 45, Annette. I thought your projects were fantastic. I love your nametag. The coffee cup is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com