March Kit of the Month - "Florentine"

Florentine is by far my favorite new paper pack from Close To My Heart. Rich and elegant, either masculine or feminine, it's very versatile with its majestic style. With the addition of the Florentine My Stickease® cardstock-thick stickers you can make fast work out of four beautiful scrapbook pages. You can get a better idea how beautiful the papers and stickers are by clicking those links above.


Here is my Florentine Kit of the Month...


I loved Basic Grey's layout this month, so I used it for inspiration for my first two pages. 
What's great about these Kits of the Month is that you have just enough supplies in your kit to make the four pages with very little leftover. I utilize every square inch of paper and cardstock and almost every sticker on the two sheets of My Stickease® when I design these kits. And they come together in a snap because I have done the designing for you, supply you with photos and cutting guides, so all you have to do is put it together!



Here are some close-ups of some of the details...


In my kit's Tips & Hints, I recommend using foam squares to pop up certain stickers for added dimension. No one wants to see completely flat embellishments!




I also recommend ink-distressing the edges for even more dimension and pop.
It really makes a big difference to take the time for this step.




Layering stickers and popping them both up with foam squares adds a nice touch.




By popping up random stickers in a row and slightly overlapping them, you create more interest and softness rather than if these were all flat and in a straight row.




Here I demonstrate how to utilize the beautiful stickers in a creative way rather that just sticking them down. For example, I used a small circle punch to pop out the letters H-A-P-P-Y from a sticker that was fairly large and didn't have room for the whole thing. The decorative pieces on each side of the photo mats are from one large title sticker which I simply snipped off the top and bottom portion to use as an embellishment.




This pretty title sticker could stand on its own just fine, but why should it just float? Instead, I cut a 1/4 inch strip from the leftover scraps of Florentine paper to help anchor the sticker across the blue paper.




This is how the kit comes. Inside:

6 sheets of card stock (4 Creme Brûlée bases, 1 Cocoa, and 1 Desert Sand)
2 sheets of Florentine B&T paper (double sided)
2 sheets of Florentine My Stickease® stickers
Color photo, Tips & Hints for Assembly, and detailed Cutting Guide

Kits are always $16.00 (plus shipping)

Get yours anytime this month!








Comments

  1. Where do you find the Basic Grey layouts?? I love these! Gorgeous work as always, Annette!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com