Cards & More September Projects

This month's projects for my Cards & More Club are Halloween and Fall inspired, using Close To My Heart's new Moonlight and Flirty paper packs.


The "Happy Fall" card you may recognize if you follow my blog regularly. It was my Stamp of the Month card posted earlier this month. Details on that card can be found here.




The Halloween card features this great stamp set called "Magic Potions" and it's one of my favorites this season. The Bat Wing and Pickled Toad labels are from that set. Oct. 31st is from the "Perfect Fit - Halloween" set and coordinates perfectly with the labels.



Halloween is by far my favorite holiday of all and that's why I just love these little brads and adhesive charms from the Haunted Assortment. I popped them onto some cuts from the Artiste Cricut cartridge such as the striped spiky rosette and the smaller two flower cuts.




Check out this little guy. There are six of these cute brads in the Haunted Assortment. Three are black, three are pewter like this guy.




Last is this fun test tube treat holder. I got the template and directions from SplitcoastStampers and put my twist on it. You can find the directions here.



I started with Smokey Plum card stock as my box base and followed the directions for scoring, folding, and punching the circle.




I cut these papers and card stock to add to the panels on the treat box.




I inked the edges softly with Black, including the punched hole where the test tube will go. Then started adhering the panels.




You have to flip the whole thing over to put this longer panel on. This is the background to the test tube when the box is assembled.



You only have to put Scor-Tape on these flaps to keep the whole thing secure.




These corked test tubes are great. (Martha Stewart Crafts at Michael's). I added another of the Haunted Assortment charms to the top. Although it has a peel-and-stick adhesive on it, I added some tacky glue to secure it better since it will be handled a lot.




I stamped this circle with the Perfect Fit - Halloween set using Olive and Smokey Plum. I cut some wide Black Tulle ribbon in half lengthwise then wrapped the two pieces around the box and tied them together in a knot. Then I took my scissors and made some snips and started tearing and tattering the tails. Gives it a creepier look than trimming them off clean.



I've got more Halloween stuff up my dark creepy sleeve, so be sure to stay tuned.


I'm watching my Follower count and it's getting very close to 500. I'm super excited about this, so I think I'll have a celebratory blog give-away when I get there. So if you don't "follow" and you just visit, now's the time to click that Follow Me button. 



Have a great day!






Comments

  1. You have me looking at Magic Potions a second time in a new light. Cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just going Halloween nuts already, and just love this bunch of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com