12 Tags of 2012 - catching up, August tag

Good Saturday morning. Here in Melbourne, Florida we are experiencing the first hints of Fall and I am personally loving it. It's so hot for so long here that we truly appreciate the cooler temperatures when they finally arrive. My little family enjoyed a very pleasant morning on the porch, sipping coffee and reading the paper. By 9 a.m. though the sun has started to blaze and things are warming up rapidly. Time to come inside and blog about my August tag.

So what's with the tags? Tim Holtz (I dreamed about him last night, literally) creates a fabulous tag each month to inspire and teach us new papercrafting techniques. We bloggers, in turn, create our own monthly tags using what we learned. I've gotten myself a bit behind and am catching up on my August and September tags this weekend.

Be sure to check out Tim's August tag and techniques so you can appreciate all that goes into these masterpieces. Then come back here and see how I put my spin on it. Here's is what I created...


I wish this photo did this tag justice, but it just doesn't. Trust me when I saw it's really pretty in person. 


Tim used a cameo stamp as the centerpiece for his tag, and since I didn't have that image I thought of August in Florida and the tropical summer and came up with this theme instead. The pineapple stamp is from Impression Obsession, and I stamped it with Cocoa brown embossing powder then colored it in with Tim's Distress Markers. 


Tim used the pinecone die from Sizzix to make rolled flowers, which I love, but I have yet to get my hot little hands on that die, so instead I used the Tattered Flower Garland and Autumn Gatherings dies to create my layered flowers, twigs and leaves. These pieces were cut from Kraft Core card stock and lightly sanded. I love that stuff!


I'll be teaching my All Things Tim Club how to make today's tag along with my October tag and September's which I will post tomorrow. 


Until then, have a lovely day!






Comments

  1. The pineapple instantly caught my eye. How beautiful!! I MUST investigate this monthly tag technique inspiration further!! Thank you, it's gorgeous on screen - even if it's better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. I love the charms and the colors of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com