ETeam Picks Challenge - Paper Folding

Good Friday morning! It's another great challenge over at Eclectic Paperie. It's the eTeam Picks Challenge.  The eTeam Picks Challenge is held on the third Thursday of each month (yes, I am a day late) and each challenge is an opportunity for you to be inspired by one of our eTeam’s creations, to share your work and to be entered into our challenge prize drawing. This week is Donna-Marie Cecere and her design challenge is Paper Folding. So be sure to check out her amazing mini filing box made from a Kuerig box of all things! Keep scrolling through my post to see how YOU can join in this fun challenge too.

I am a day late on my submission, well, just because the darn thing took so long. Sometimes an idea pops in my head and even if it gets difficult, almost impossible, along the way I MUST proceed. Can't give up! Paper folding... made me think of origami which made me think of Graphic 45's Birdsong papers...

The structure of this display is three Scallop Tags with Trim (Art Parts from Wendy Vecchi). They are thick, durable paper board tags you can knock on like wood, thus very sturdy for altering and light weight at the same time. Over in the eP store, you can find LOTS of Art Parts. I like these so much, as I was creating this piece I stopped and put in another order for more.



I glued the three together with a piece of floral foam down in the center. I can even see where my glue wasn't dry yet when I took this photo. Sorry.



The base is four circles of thin black chipboard cut on the Cricut to make 5-inch circles then glued together. The scalloped circle is 4 3/4 inches also cut on the Cricut.



As for the paper folding, let's start with this crazy umbrella. (39 steps) This was quite the challenge, even if I had used thin origami paper. So you can imagine how my fingers ached after a few hours with nice thick Graphic 45 paper. But I persevered! It isn't perfect, but I'm still happy.



This is the underside. Yes, you have to make the umbrella TWICE so that you have a liner in a different paper. I pretty much hacked this part up. Thankfully it's on the underside.



Lily. (23 steps) Much easier than the umbrella. I used Graphic 45 Signature Series card stock for the flower and leaves.



Cherry Blossom. (17 steps) Easier than the Lily.



This flower I just made up. Easiest one yet. I cut five petal shapes and pinched one end and glued it. Then glued them together onto a circle base underneath. I added a small flower over the center to cover where they joined.



This little scallop piece is in the Art Parts package. You can add it to the tag or, like I did here, you can make it part of a decorative base.


In case you're wondering, I used an origami book called "Folding Japan with Origami in English" which came straight from Japan from one of my husband's relatives for our daughter as a Christmas present last year. It's by far the best and easiest origami book we've owned. We've had quite a few over the years. (My daughter is proud to be one quarter Japanese and embraces her heritage, learning and exploring the culture through art, food, and education.)


Okay, on to the challenge. Get out your papers and start creating something foldy! I have some basic paper folding techniques in one of my older YouTube videos here if you need some inspiration to get going (or if you just want to see me with short hair.)




The eTeam Picks Challenge is all about inspiration and having fun.  During each challenge one of the eTeam members will share a topic, word, technique, sketch, or product that will become the foundation for your creation. This challenge is all about mixing it up and just enjoying the creative process of feel free to share a journal page, card, scrapbook project, mini album….Anything goes!  We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration. All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store.
So grab your supplies and play along.  Here are a few things to keep in mind for this challenge…
• You do not have to use products sold in the eP store…but we do love it when you do!
• Share a direct link to your creation, not just your blog, using the Linky Tools feature at the end of this post.  If, for any reason, the Linky Tools doesn’t cooperate, please add a link in the Comments section of the blog.
• When uploading to any online galleries, please use any of the following keywords; eP, eclectic Paperie or eTeam Pick Challenge.  Link your creations to the eP blog.
• If you’d like to be considered as one of our featured projects and be entered into our prize drawing, please be sure to add your link no later than 6pm EST on February 28th.




Comments

  1. Wowie! This is fantastic. Great job. That lily is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!! You took the folding idea to a whole new level...it's beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this is amazing! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that the umbrella was a product of origami. It is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Annette, this is like a beautiful oasis (or is it a mirage) of spring in the middle of a very stormy snowy day. The papers are so gorgeous and the art parts make the most beautiful screens to the secret garden. I can't believe the intricate folding you managed. The umbrella is spectacular and the flowers make me smile. A truly inspired project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I can't believe how beautiful this is! WOW! Blown away, yet again! Haha! Donna-Marie is right! You have taken folding to a whole new level!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annette,
    This is beautiful and amazing. I can only imagine the time and love that went into this project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I just love the design and the paper is perfect! Such great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow, Annette...this is stunning! It's a show stopper, seriously beautiful! The paper choice is just perfect for this type of project and I adore the umbrella and flowers. Truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply enchanting, Annette - your folded parasol is an absolute triumph, as are the beautiful flowers... my favourite thing I've ever seen with these papers - delightful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, your flowers are spectacular. Love the parasol. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've done! The agony of folding the umbrella certainly seems to have been worth it, because your umbrella is beautiful. Thanks for citing the book, I was wondering as I read where you had found the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very informative post. Looking more to something like this
    Burun Estetigi
    Burun Estetigi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, Annette! This is incredible. I love the umbrella and all the different folds in the flowers... I am just in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a gorrrgeous work of art Annette,stunning!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com