Let's talk Snapguide!

Hello and happy Monday! My weekend turned out to be pretty busy and I never got the chance to blog about Snapguide as I had promised.

If you're clueless what Snapguide is, I'll give you an idea. Think Pinterest meets YouTube. However it's mostly like a slide show rather than a video. Here's the deal. You go to Snapguide.com or download the Snapguide App (even better) and you have access to all sorts of "how to's" in lots of different categories. Once you find one you like, you swipe your finger across the screen of your mobile device to flip through the photos and the steps. Usually "guides" are concise, so it's very efficient, as opposed to having to sit through a 30-minute video. If you can't get the App, you can use your computer. Just go to Snapguide.com and check it out.

Besides tons of Arts & Crafts How-To's, you can learn how to make fancy sweet popcorn, how to jump start a car, or how to grow hydrangeas from cuttings. And it's all in one place! Like Pinterest and YouTube, you can follow your favorite Snapguiders, you can "like" projects, and you can leave comments or ask questions.

I've just gotten an account and uploaded my first guide! It was SO easy to do. I did it all on my iPhone, but you can post guides from your computer by uploading photos from your camera too.

Graphic 45 is partnering with Snapguide and the design team has been having fun uploading guides for Snapguide's recent contest: Upcycled Projects. You can view all the guides in this category and get some great ideas for using or altering items you might normally throw away. Graphic 45 has donated a prize pack for this upcycled contest, so if you have something to share make sure you sign up for a Snapguide account and post your project. You might win big!

Meanwhile, here's my upcycled Frappucino box. I gave it new life by creating a beach-themed picnic caddy. Let me know what you think. I'd love it if you followed me, too.


Check out How to Create a Beach-Themed Picnic Caddy From Frapp Box by Annette Green on Snapguide.

Comments

  1. Fantastic. What a great gizmo! Is this the next Pinterest????

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I love it! I'm going to sign up for that snap stuff! And yes, your right...so much easier than trying to sit thru a video! Unless of course its a video os a re-do on a studio...which your 3 part was completely enjoyable! ;)
    Thanks for sharing! Love the caddy project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! I like that it resembles a video but in picture form!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I read your blog post about snapguide. I like the fact that the tutorials are concise and you can stop at a particular step if you need to. I am following you also. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com