Botanical-Themed Collection Folio

Tim Holtz has got a great new product out there called a Collection Folio. There are two sizes, a large and small. Today I wanted to share with you a small one that I've altered to create a pretty botanical themed album using Wallflower paper. Right now it's adorned and waiting for photos and memorabilia, but I just couldn't wait to share it with you. I'm not sure what I'll do with it just yet anyways. We'll see...

I just can't tell you how GA-GA I am over this Wallflower paper, and so is everyone I know. For the front of my folio cover, I fussy-cut some images like the bird and feathers, then added some die-cuts (Spring Greenery & Garden Greens) and flowers along with a little heart charm




A nice sharp Xacto blade, Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and a little patience really makes this feather look real.



Kraft-Core leaves sanded for a distressed look.



Here's a peek at the inside when you first open the folio. I've added lots of papers with open areas to add photos and memorabilia later. And lots of ink distressing all over the place.



I love the layered look inside. There's a lot going on in here.



But first, let's talk about the "spine." Or at least that's what I'll call it. This stitched insert piece comes with the folio, loose, for you to do with as you wish. I ended up folding it over so that I had 6 flaps to work with instead of 3. Each flap overlaps 1/2 inch when folded over like this.



I just added a bead of Glossy Accents glue where I folded it over, to hold it together well at the fold. Then the whole thing gets glued into the folio. I didn't glue mine in until I built all the layers onto these flaps, just for ease of handling. 



I created various pages of different types and sizes. This first one is a kraft envelope I created with my Envelope Punch Board, then I added Wallflower paper and Botanical Remnant Rubs, and some Chit-Chat stickers for added embellishment. 



Tags are another option for pages. Why not? Here I've added a Distressed Doily die-cut, more greenery, and the butterfly from the Nature Adornments set.



And some of the portions in the Wallflower papers serve perfectly as pages on their own. 







A little stencil action here on this flap using Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Harlequin layering stencil.



The final page at the inside base of the folio is one large sheet of Wallflower paper, scored and folded to create a collection pocket for more photos, notes or memorabilia. 


This was great fun to create and I've already got plans for my large Collection Folio for my upcoming trip to London this summer. Can't wait to share that with you too!


Thanks for stopping in. Let me know what you think of my Botanical Collection Folio by leaving me a comment on today's post and your name will be entered into a special prize drawing for a few fun goodies I've been hoarding. (Psst, this is my thank you for reading through my entire post today.) I hope you have a fantastic weekend! I'll announce the lucky winner here on my blog on Monday. Good luck!


Comments

  1. Oh wow Annette, this is just wonderful. So many gorgeous parts to it...a little work of art x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Annette! I have a mad, mad love for your folio! You did an awesome job. My folio and wallflower paper are just waiting for me when I have time to play. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette what a beautiful job you have done on this folio. I too have been going crazy of these. . . Love them! They can be used for so many different things. This is the second one I've seen with that beautiful bird on the front. He is very popular! That cute heart around birds neck is a nice touch and the feather is just stunning. Love how you added an envelope too. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Truly appreciate it. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Annette! That is over-the-top gorgeous! I especially love the nature theme and the papers! Can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Annette, so many great ideas here and wonderful use of those gorgeous papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are amazing. Can I come and do some crafting with you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this project, I have been looking for the wallflower paper everywhere and I finally found it today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Annette! What a fantastic project! So unique and creative! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. by chance do you have a tutorial on You Tube?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! Annette, I LOVE what you've done to the folio!!! Would you consider doing a quick video flip-thru the book?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Annette! Love the papers (I really need to get these!) And the inside with all the pockets is beautiful. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well now I just NEED to get me a folio... or two! You have done an amazing job and really shown off lots of cool techniques. Looking forward to seeing you large folio.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous folio, Annette.
    I absolutely adore it!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great place to capture some wonder filled memories. Love Tim's new collection too. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, Annette. This is the first time I have seen the folio.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this beautiful folio. Thank you so much for sharing it. Your site is one of the first I go to everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This folio is awesome! What time and patience it must have taken....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This folio is absolutly fabulous. I could not believe that the feather was fussy cut, it looks so real. It had to take not just a sharp blade but a bundle of patience to accomplish that kind of perfection. Congrats Annette on another beautiful project and thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This folio is absolutly fabulous. I could not believe that the feather was fussy cut, it looks so real. It had to take not just a sharp blade but a bundle of patience to accomplish that kind of perfection. Congrats Annette on another beautiful project and thanks for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've done it again -- something spectacular! You never cease to amaze me with your projects. I love checking in with you every day to see if you have posted another fabulous item. You brighten my day with your beautiful works. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful. just beautiful. It is leaving me speechless. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the way you put everything toghether.

    I'm from Brasil and love your work!

    Hugs

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your Botanical Folio project! I've been intrigued with folio and folder style scrapbooking for a while now, and this is inspirational!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have been looking for inspiration to make a travel journal for my grist ever trip to London and Paris this summer...and here it is! I love your design style Annette and appreciate all that you so generously share.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a gorgeous little folio!! Please, please, make a little video walk-through of how you did this. Gorgeous job, as always. Love your work! You're inspirational! Hugs, Ruth Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Annette I agee with everyone; this is way over the top. Please consider doing a video tutorial on how you did the flip thing. I do much better with seeing it done as to just reading instructions. TFS Marie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the folio beautifully done. I purchased both sizes & haven't done anything with them as yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like how you made the feather look more realistic! The whole folio is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful folio! That paper pack is perfect. I have one that I keep looking at but can't find myself to commit to anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is beautiful. Now I think I need to get these. LOL....like that is difficult to make me want more stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I almost bought this today, very sorry now I didn't . I will try and make one soon as this is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  32. Absolutely, totally, mind blowing gorgeous. This is really amazing, I wish I had your ability.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to get my hands on one of these folios but I haven't found any locally. When I do, you will be the source of my inspiration! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG - this is just amazing! I mean, wow! I love the Folio and the paper. I'll be running out to my favorite Scrapbook store tomorrow to pick them up. Just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing and for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Simply amazing-thank you so much for sharing your techniques and the instructions for creating such a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely lovely, please say you are going to do a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Annette, please excuse the drool marks... Just beautiful. Thanks for such great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hi annette I saw you folio proyect i love but i do not understand how you put together how many layers do you use i HOPE you enjoy your trip and keep the betters and enjoys memories in it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Really, super duper gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is beautiful.i had a folio and recently got the wallpaper paper stack but couldn't envision how to get them together. Now I know how! Thank you so much.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is awesome! I bought one of each size of the folios and wasn't sure what to do with them. Now, I'm totally inspired. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Annette, what an outstanding project, LOVE all the detail and interest. So beautiful, I must get myself one of these portfolios. TFS your inspiration.
    Have a great week, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  43. this is absolutely fabulous! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com